Thermal efficiency for high-performance demands
鼎博体育’s ExposedPad LQFP/TQFP family of power IC packages significantly increases the thermal efficiency of power constrained standard LQFP and TQFP packages. These packages can increase heat dissipation by as much as 110% over standard LQFP/TQFP packages, thereby expanding the margin of operating parameters. In addition, the ExposedPad can be connected to ground, thereby reducing loop inductance for high frequency applications. The ExposedPad should be soldered directly to the PCB to realize the thermal and electrical benefits. 3D packaging with die stack process are also provided in this package for MCP solution.
As increased end-application densities and shrinking product sizes demand more from IC packages, ExposedPad LQFP/TQFP packages give designers the needed margin for designing and producing high performing products. Applications such as automotive (engine control units, powertrain and infotainment controllers), LCD/flat panel TVs and telecom benefit from this package. High-speed silicon technologies work especially well in ExposedPad LQFP/TQFP packages due to grounding capabilities.
- 5 x 5 mm to 28 x 28 mm body size
- 32–256 lead counts
- Broad selection of die pad sizes
- Double down-set ground bond ring pad
- 1.0 mm body thickness for TQFP
- 1.4 mm body thickness for LQFP
- Custom leadframe design available
- ExposedPad is easily inverted for heat sink attach
- Low profile – <1.2 mm max mounted height
- Electrical – Very low loop inductance with use of paddle as a ground path, more pins available for signal and allows for operating frequencies of up to 2.4 GHz